The Science of COR
Cor: The Silver Soap®
Cor soap is a convenient, single step process that cleanses and removes make-up. It has been shown to even out the skin tone, reduce the appearance of sun spots and pore size, maintain the skin’s natural moisture factor, visibly reduce the signs of aging, and protect against the hazardous effects of the sun. With Cor, you simply lather up, wait a few minutes, and the job’s done.
Foam… Rinse… Glow…®
Cor: The Silver Lotions
The lotions base delivery mechanism is the same patented delivery system that makes the soap so effective:
· The nano-silver/silica combination is the key to getting the ingredients to the dermis layer, thereby allowing the ingredients to do their work more effectively. At an average size of 5 nanometers (nm’s) the particles are able to penetrate via the pore to the dermis layer.
· The liberal use of peptides in the lotions is again using some of the newest and best technologies in the skincare industry.
· The tubes are airless so that there isn’t a need for artificial preservatives – the lotions will stay fresh using the most up-to-date airless tubes.
All three lotions have the following base ingredients:
· The silver-silica nano compounds that you are now familiar with
· Palmitoyl Pentapeptide
A unique and fairly new molecule that has been shown to imitate the skin’s natural rejuvenation process, stimulating renewal and natural exfoliation of the skin’s surface without the use of harsh ingredients. PP regenerates the dermal layer by developing new collagen, elastin and glycosamainoglycans. PP not only renews the skin’s dermis layer, it also makes it noticeably thicker which adds to improved appearance of the skin but also has the added benefits of protecting itself against the harmful elements of the environment. PP is a relatively small molecule, consisting of five amino acids (protein) linked together and attached to a fatty acid to enhance oil solubility for the sake of better skin penetration. The proponents, such as the scientists at Proctor & Gamble and Sederma (makers of Stri-Vectin) claim that PP is at least as effective against wrinkles as retinol but does not cause skin irritation, which is a common side-effect of retinoids.
· Acetyl Hexapeptide:
An extreme amino peptide consisting of six linked amino acids that relaxes muscle contractions and reduces the frequency of contraction. It has been shown to produce Botox® type results without paralyzing the muscle, in the form of an everyday cream. After a few minutes of application, the skin feels more taut and “lifted”.
Layered into the base ingredients, the different lotions also have more targeted ingredients:
Cor, The Silver Wrinkle Serum:
· Copper Tri-Peptide:
This has been well documented to improve the healing of various types of skin lesions, such as scarring, lesion, sun and acne damage, breaking down the abnormally large cross linked collagen and at the same time stimulating the production of regular collagen found in normal skin. In other words, copper tripeptides can help restore the damaged area to its original look.
Cor, The Silver Anytime Moisturizer:
· Pomegranate Extract:
This fruit has anti-oxidant properties to help reduce the affects of aging and fight free radicals. The natural estrogenic properties of these molecules have been known to help rejuvenate the skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
· Marine Collagen:
We have boosted the amount of collagen substantially to give the moisturizer a rich, effective boost to the loss of collagen which occurs naturally with age. And remember, using the patented nano-silver/silica technology, the collagen in Cor products actually gets to the dermis layer of the skin, thereby making Cor’s collagen more effective, ounce for ounce.
Cor, The Silver Eye Cream:
· Macadamia Ternifolia Seed:
This has a high concentration of palmitoleic acid which is a naturally occuring fatty acid produced by the sebaceous glands. This production decreases as we age making the inclusion important for mature and dry skin.
· Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E) is an antioxidant that has been shown to protect cell membranes from damage, thus helping to rejuvenate the skin and minimize the appearance of wrinkles.
· Ascorbyl glucoside is a stabilised Vitamin C derivative for brighter, healthier, younger looking skin. It has been shown to suppress melanin synthesis to prevent unwanted pigmentation, reduce existing melanin, resulting in a lighter pigmentation.
· Rosehip Oil has gained popularity due to its known rejuvenating properties and also is a rich source of vitamin C. For surgeons it has been beneficial to regenerate and assist in preventing the formation of scars and loosening up of fibrous cords. Cosmetologists have been using these properties with much success to help reduce the fine lines around the eyes and mouth.